HIDE Flood Advisory issued November 30 at 5:18AM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS MORNING...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of western North Carolina, including the
following counties, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon and Swain.00
* WHEN...Until 900 AM EST.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
River or stream flows are elevated.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 512 AM EST, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain falling
across the Advisory area. Minor flooding is ongoing or
expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 1.5
and 2.5 inches of rain have fallen since Tuesday evening.
- Additional rainfall amounts up to 1 inch are expected over
the area. This additional rain will enhance the potential for
flooding of low-lying and poor drainage areas. Some smaller
streams and creeks will likely run near bankfull.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Franklin, Sylva, Waynesville, Bryson City, Robbinsville,
Cherokee, Cullowhee, Lake Junaluska, Maggie Valley, Balsam,
Webster, Dillsboro, Town Of Santeetlah, Great Smoky Mountains